Things to consider when selecting racking for a warehouse or distribution center
The efficiency and effectiveness of your warehouse or distribution center is dependent on your racking system as well as your racking vendor. It is important to consider a number of factors and constraints – taking into account your unique operating requirements – before selecting a system or vendor.
This selection process includes the following:
- Clear height inside your building
- LIFO vs FIFO considerations
- Physical characteristics of items being handled (size, weight etc.)
- Access requirements to specific products in storage
- Type of density required
- Picking profile required
- Equipment selection in your warehouse
- Additional components such as decking and protection
- Auxiliary items such as lighting and fire protection
- External considerations such as seismic and environmental issues
Would you like to know more about Racking and Roof Lifting
If you’d like us to contact you regarding racking, roof lifting, or both please fill out the form below.
* These fields are required.